So I got power going to the keyboard, but it's just not the same without hammer action. And I don't have a pedal. So it's not going well. You know what's hard? Lyrics are hard. Maybe I need to come up with a rough sketch of lyrics first and then build a melody around the words. I think the melodies I naturally come up are much better suited for instruments than vocals.
And I thought I finally got started nicely on sots, but it turns out the spreadsheet quickly gets way too unwieldy for Excel to handle. So boo on that too. Maybe it would be better to program it to write the results for each section to disk and then retrieve them when needed? I think that's going to require me to sit down and actually sketch the skeleton of the program out. Somebody help! http://projectaon.proboards30.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1150138628
Of course, this is the same crowd that couldn't help explain to me why I can't derive the formula for lateral surface area......
What else? The FFXII OST that I got from User's Side is pretty nice. Very reminiscent of FFT, which is in some ways good and some ways bad. I gather that the world is based on the same one as FFT, but I miss Uematsu. Once I'm finished with listening to this it might be time to pick up PoA to listen to in the car.
Went to see Pirates last night. Lots of people dressed up. Is every midnight showing like this? I wouldn't know since the last time I went to a midnight showing was for Phantom Menace, and obviously you expect mass hysteria for that. But for people to get excited about a movie like Pirates? Weird. Then what was I doing there? I wanted to go catch a movie, and I was probably going to see Superman, but then I found out that we might end up seeing it once somebody gets back from China (if Korea doesn't blow up first). So the only other options would have been like MI3 or Da Vinci. I thought a midnight showing would not be so bad, but then I realized just before the show started that if you go watch a 150-minute movie at 12:30, you're not getting out til like 3. Hmmm....
Lots of people dressed up as pirates. Some just with red/white stripes, others with parrots and swords and everything. Wish I had some pictures I could post but I wasn't sure about going around and taking random pictures of people. As for the movie itself, I definitely prefer the first one. If you didn't know, they shot 2 & 3 back to back, and so the second movie actually ends on a cliffhanger. Is this a new trend? I mean, LotR I can understand since everybody knows there's more story. But I kinda felt cheated at the end. Johnny Depp has some funny moments, but I feel like he had a lot more in the first movie and the script for the first movie was just all-around tighter.
Oh well. Here's my little reminder about gtx poo. Gtx is probably worth revisiting, but not sure about the poo part.
Friday, July 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
no pedal = no fun. =(
Post a Comment