So Sunday was supposed to be Grand Prix day, but Eric completely bailed on me. Booooo. Now that I think back on it, I should have headed of to the Garlic Festival once the racing plans fell through. Crap.
Why didn't I go on Friday? Because we had our own racing event at NVIDIA (see pictures) as well as Wushu.
Why didn't I go on Saturday? Because I went to Matchplay for the first time. And I got suitably pwned. I lost 1-2 on the first round vs. Vaugn Deitz (0-1). And then I got creamed 0-2 by Rovert Wiser (0-2). And then I very nearly won against Jeff Tsai. I just needed one more turn or one more free mana at the end of game 3 (0-3). And then I got bad draws against Rommel Someros (0-4). hahaha.
Then finally I won one against Derek Candelario, only because it looked like he was making some bad plays. (1-4). And then I got a bye while waiting for AAA to come unlock my car (2-4). And then my last opponent didn't show. (3-4).
OK, I didn't really expect to do wildly great, but I also wasn't feeling incredibly drained by the end either -- maybe my endurance is creeping up. My deck ended up being:
Compulsive Research, Infiltrator's Magemark, Stasis Cell, Cytoplast Manipulator, Halcyon Glaze
Ribbons of Night, Last Gasp, Netherborn Phalanx, Roofstalker Wight, Stinkweed Imp
Pyromatics, Galvanic Arc, Rabble-Rouser, Sabertooth Alley Cat, Viashino Slasher, Wojek Embermage
Consult the Necrosages, Dimir Infiltrator, Gruul Guildmage, Minister of Impediments, Moroii, Tibor and Lumia, Wee Dragonauts
Gruul Signet, Simic Signet, 5 Mountain, 5 Swamp, 5 Island
It probably should have been more like:
Peel from Reality, Halcyon Glaze, Cytoplast Manipulator, Tidewater Minion
Ribbons of Night, Darkblast, Last Gasp, Roofstalker Wight, Sewerdreg, Stinkweed Imp
Pyromatics, Seal of Fire, Galvanic Arc, Greater Forgeling, Wojek Embermage
Consult the Necrosages, Gruul Guildmage, Minister of Impediments, Moroii, Tibor and Lumia, Wee Dragonauts
Gruul Signet, Plague Boiler, Simic Signet, Golgari Rot Farm, 4 Mountain, 5 Swamp, 5 Island
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment