OK, I'm gonna try to start keeping a daily blog. Let's see how long this lasts.....
So we had our company holiday charity event today. Basically I sat in the bleachers and watched EStaff race around on Segways. Not much to say, although I think I would have enjoyed watching them race simultaneously. I hadn't realized that they were so dangerous -- apparently several of EStaff had injured themselves practicing for the race. Anyways, that's about all that was interesting. They had the live auction afterwards too, but I figured it would be pretty much like it was last year, so I stayed and worked a little.
And by "work", I mean play X-COM UFO Defense. hahaha. I fended off an alien attack on my Kazakh base using only 8 Rookies armed with Stun Rods! mwahahaha! (I picked up a couple Plasma Rifles after stunning some of the aliens).
Then I headed off to Wushu. I had decided not to go to actual class, so I just showed up late and didn't bother changing (actually, I didn't even bring my clothes. I just went home to pick up my watch and my cell phone that I forgot.). We went out to Queen House, and lucky for me we went there because it meant that our group of 11 had to get three different tables and I didn't have to sit with Joyce. Yayy.
I could write a whole bunch more about that, but it's good for me to let it go. So I just ordered a drink at TapEx and was going to just go to Byron's place, but I forgot where his place was. So I called him and found out the party was cancelled...Andy wanted to spend the night just with Esther instead. That's fine. So I made the choice to go back and join everybody at TapEx.
After TapEx, I wasn't feeling very up, so I didn't really want to go to the party Sandy invited me too. But Lawrence's urging (and Joyce's...bleah...) made me decide to swing by just to see what would happen. I almost didn't go when I saw a bunch of cars leaving, but I decided worst case I would go up and see people cleaning up through the balcony window. So I parked, and the party was still going on. The weird thing is -- thanksgiving girl was there! Someone who I didn't expect to ever see again.
I feel like I've expanded my friend circle so much these past few months. Just today I saw Yukuan at TapEx and then I ran into thanksgiving girl. This is a big part of how I imagined life should be. I really need to just go to these events whenever possible and just hang out with people. It makes me happy. =)
Saturday, December 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"I fended off an alien attack on my Kazakh base using only 8 Rookies armed with Stun Rods!"
I stared at my plains for 2 hours.
Post a Comment