Thursday, September 21, 2006

Busy busy busy....So I took some vacation to kind of get away from work a little bit. After taking over for P352 for Paul when he was on vacation and P455 for Leon when he was on vacation and then finally getting P413 from Liping, I felt a bit burned out. So I took some vacation and expected to sit around, enjoy some down time and get random stuff done.

So what did I do? I ended up filling up all my time with stuff to do...hahaha. But I'm enjoying myself and I'm really glad I took the time off.

Saturday Patricia and Jon came over and we went out to TGIF and played mini-golf and then just hung out at home. That was nice since I haven't seen them for a while and we had a lot of fun, especially going around and getting scared in Fatal Frame II.

Sunday I went to a BBQ with Sandy and met a lot of people. That was a lot of fun, and Sandy's bread pudding was once again delicious. Listening to Pastor Dan though, I wasn't quite too sure about the message he was giving. I think the extension of his line of thought gets too close to becoming something where you don't help yourself at all, but just sit there and wait for God to provide everything. It's important to go out and be self-sufficient on your own. But I agree that you don't want to be totally self-reliant. Because you can't always help yourself, and you need someone else or another group of people to help you out.

Monday the schedule was originally to go out for dinner in SF with Sandy, Jefferey, Amy, and some other people, but since Sandy had to bail, it got postponed. That was a little disappointing since that meant I was free for practice on Monday. But I guess I was sort of obligated to go to work out the details of the demo and stuff.

Tuesday was the actual demo (messed up my toe a little bit), and then I went to the Computer History Museum for the alumni fair. And then finally I joined Hanlin's group to have dinner and go bowling. Hanlin's group is nice. I should ask Sandy if I can tag along for service to see what it's like.

Wednesday I went running with Hanlin. I'm really bad at long distance so it would be nice to build up my endurance. ZLS is always complaining about how I have no endurance.

Today is Thursday. The plan is to pick up Yujing from the airport and help her move in. I'll probably also want to try to drop in to see Matt for a little bit. If I have time afterwards, maybe I can drop by with Byron and friends to play a little X-Men Legends II.

Friday I might help Chris out at some booth or another, and I'm still undecided about going to practice or not. And then afterwards Andrew is having poker at his new place. Originally Sandy and Amy were going to go for dinner with Jefferey up in SF, but apparently that got postponed until next week.

Saturday Leah is coming in to visit the rest of the drawgroup. And there's also a demo going on sometime at night.

Sunday I really would have liked to go to service, but I'm already planning to go to the Time Spiral prerelease with my brother.

2 comments: