Since I had seen pretty much the whole campus (the grounds) the day before, I decided to tag along with him to see what law school was like...

Michael's locker. It's junior high all over again...

Michael's friend Nicole (sp?). Busy working on applications?

Michael's mailbox. An invitation to the prom is inside...hahaha.

Hey....I was there! It's the colliseum!
I stopped by a very small exhibit in the Law Library, and listened to the "dagger in the back" speech by FDR after Italy entered WWII. It was a very thought-provoking speech. The thing that I was wondering afterwards, though, was that FDR was giving the speech to new college grads. I wonder how many of them truly understood the matters of importance. I mean, my impression is that if you give a similar speech to students today, most of them would shrug it off and forget about it the next day. What does that say about us?

Just strolling around the law library, I pulled out a book and saw that it was an index. So for fun, I decided to take a picture of the first few entries...

Zoom out. A picture of the first page.

Zoom out. A picture of the first book.

Zoom out. A picture of the first shelf.

Zoom out. A picture of the first bookcase.

Zoom out. A picture of the first wall.

Zoom out. Sorry, the story ends here. They've started filling up the second wall, and they've left more space for it to expand...and remember, this is just a lookup index -- the actual books are elsewhere in the library. O.o

One thing I will say though, is that the inside of the law school was really nice. This is the main study area in the library, but the rest of the school had the same kind of feeling.

The outside. As I was taking pictures, another tourist came up and asked me to take a picture for him. He was Japanese and could hardly speak any English. I wonder what he was doing at the UVA School of Law....
The train ride back to DC was pretty uneventful. Much better than the train ride down. On the way to Charlottesville, I was talking to a nice lady who was originally from the Bay Area. I don't know what was going on, but I was so uncomfortable on the ride down. I was so hot (I later found out that I was pressing myself up against the heater....d'oh!).
Charlottesville is nice, but it definitely has a college town feeling. And there were a lot more asians walking around than I was expecting. Michael led me to believe that it was like 99.9% rich white people and he was the odd man out....haha....
No comments:
Post a Comment