Update on TV shows:
Vanished: Too many stupid, obvious hooks.
Til Death: Comedy about marriage.
Men In Trees: About a girl looking for a relationship.
Happy Hour: Guy breaks up and gets back into single life.
Justice: I originally liked this series. But the first 4 episodes have been the same thing over and over again. C'mon...you've gotta do something different after a while to keep my interest.
Standoff: Each situation is good, and the romantic angle is handled well too.
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip: The pedigree is good, but the payoff has been yet to come. So far it's been just a bunch of random stuff. Give me a hook. Give me a reason to want to watch, guys.
Runaway: On CW, which is not a good sign. The conspiracy thing doesn't appeal to me. I'd only be interested in seeing what happens to the two kids in school. I'll watch the next few episodes solely for that.
Shark: The character is too grating. House works because the writers make him likable by giving him funny stuff to say. But the leads in Shark and Justice are just too mean. I'll watch a couple more episodes to see if this goes anywhere. Stark is being made out to have humanistic qualities.
Heroes: The subject matter is appealing.
So, no to Happy Hour, Justice, Men In Trees, Til Death, Vanished.
Yes to Heroes
Tentatives to Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Runaway, Shark
Need to watch Brothers & Sisters, Jericho, Kidnapped, Six Degrees, Smith
Upcoming: The Class, Help Me Help You, Ugly Betty, The Game, Friday Night Lights, Twenty Good Years, The Nine, 30 Rock, The Knights of Prosperity, Big Day, Notes from the Underbelly, Day Break
That's it for the new shows. As for the old shows...
Alias: Two more episodes to go for the end of Season 3.
Desperate Housewives: This is falling farther and farther down the priority list.
Las Vegas: Working my way through the end of Season 2.
Grey's Anatomy: I'll start this once I've caught up with everything else.
The New Adventures of Old Christine: Just funny to watch Christine go through all these situations. Haven't been able to find the premiere yet, though.
Bones: I originally liked this because the writing was good and the characters had good deliniation and funny stuff to say. The quality's been dropping off, though. Not a good sign...
Ghost Whisperer: I'm not sure why I'm still watching this.
How I Met Your Mother: It was more funny exploring Ted's problems. Marshall's problems is not working as well.
Prison Break: They're out. I think it's still moving along nicely.
House: Still good.
Simpsons: Just 'cause.
Haven't started watching yet: Supernatural, Battlestar Galactica, Veronica Mars, Lost, 24, American Idol, Medium, Scrubs, Seinfeld, ER, Robotech
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment