
The train station. I think it's called Union Station? Fancy statues...

The outside of the station. The streets were pretty empty. There was a building across the street that had some people staying in the vestibule, to get away from the cold, I guess.

The capitol.

Capitol...I didn't see any security at this time of night, but then again, I didn't try to climb up on the lawn...

It was nice to be walking around on my own. It meant I could sit down and not worry about keeping somebody waiting. Brought my tripod too, in order to take these night shots...


I like my camera -- this is the top of the Capitol building...

Nice reflection.

Those benches were all those secret meetings take place (JFK, X-Files, etc...) really exist! Think of the history...



Almost like ancient Egypt....

OK, I was stupid. I was following the map, and was sure that this was the white house. On the other hand, there was a decided lack of security (as long as you weren't in a car)...and also, look how close I am to the building! (So yeah, this turned out to be the US Treasury)

I think this is the WWII memorial. California's monument.




For some reason, when I look at this picture, sometimes it looks like he has a monkey head...stupid Planet of the Apes...




Overexposed....but I like how the clouds are rushing away from (towards?) the monument...

My tripod was tilted... =(

The Washington monument from the Lincoln Memorial. The lake was frozen...

My attempt at a postcard picture...

Actual fallout shelters around....scary....

The metro station I took to get back home. It was very nice to know that I could get around a place on my own and not be completely lost...
No comments:
Post a Comment